Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I've been away!

Hello y'all
So December came and went, I had full intentions of taking a vaca from art the whole month, but that did not last. About two weeks in to the month, my wife watched me twitch and become grumpy. The means one of two things, I'm hungry, or that I have not drawn anything in a while.. Both have the same results, I'm usually hard to deal with, intill we resolve the problem. So I broke my Vaca, and got back to the drawing board. Thank the maker- this oil bath feels so good- ( as quoted from C3po in Star Wars)

Flash forward to January 2010- Tons of new drawings and stuff are appearing all over the place... I'm happy.. Since I have a studio that is not our living room, my wife is happy.. Its happy times at the Hamer home..

So 2010 looks like its starting off with a bang- I did my first live painting in Orlando this last Jan at the Social, I had my first Group show at mint titled " Not you" and then entered the Pabst blue Ribbon Contest.. It looks like I will be doing a show at Radial Cafe in Atlanta and Rejoining all my comrades in the Comic industry at Megacon in Orlando in March and then my big solo show of the year in April at The Plaza theater.. So much happening... More to come on all my appearances, and the rest of the year for my art hap's.. So stay tuned and thanks for reading this blog..

Here are a few new pieces I'm working on!


THIS IS THE PIECE I DID AT THE SOCIAL IN ORLANDO:



THIS IS THE PIECE I DID THE THE PABST BLUE RIBBON CONTEST-





THIS IS A LITTLE INK DRAWING I DID FOR A BOOK COMING OUT NEXT YEAR CALLED "THE RAGE"





THIS IS SOMETHING NEW I'M WORKING ON: I CALL THESE "I HAD KILLED THAT"


1 comment:

dk said...

Damn dude, you're gonna be a busy guy! Wish I was still around to hang and watch it all happen.
Good luck this year- LONG LIVE URBNPOP!